Abdallah Shriners is a fraternal organization and part of the world-wide organization of Shriners International. Shriners International is a fraternity based on fun, fellowship and the Masonic principles of brotherly love, relief and truth with nearly 200 temples (chapters) in several countries and thousands of clubs around the world. Our fraternity is open to men of integrity from all walks of life. Shriners International is best known for the Shriners Hospitals for Children it supports, and the red fezzes that members wear. Abdallah Shriners is a place of Fun with a Purpose. Join in the fun and fraternity knowing that you are supporting the Worlds Greatest Philanthropy - We have fun helping kids....Join Us. Be a Shriner.
Abdallah Shriners Facility RE-OPENING
The Johnson County BOCC has recently revised orders on how non-essential businesses and social groups can now conduct business and gatherings. On Friday, May 29, Johnson County released a new 3-page document, attached below, to offer additional guidance to residents and businesses. The Johnson County Board of County Commissioners and the Johnson County Department of Health and Environment strongly recommend that Johnson County residents and businesses continue to adhere to the Ad Astra: A Plan to Reopen Kansas recommendations. By not placing county orders ourselves, we are relying on Johnson County residents and businesses to demonstrate responsibility, without enforcement, and exercise caution and consideration. More information can be found at JoCoGov.org
Information/guidelines are UPDATED and in force as of June 1st, 2020 as follows:
Club and unit meetings/practices can resume at Abdallah Shrine in designated meeting spaces/rooms. All attendance is voluntary.
· All state and county health department guidelines will be strictly followed or exceeded.
· Building access must be coordinated with your Divan Rep as the building manager.
· Social distancing rules of 6’ must be maintained at all times.
· Face masks are strongly encouraged.
· Refrain from shaking hands, hugging or any other direct contact.
· Maintain frequent hand sanitation guidelines.
· No required meeting attendance.
· Respect the comfort level of each person in attendance.
· High-risk individuals are encouraged to evaluate the risk before attending.
· Contact Tracing will be maintained. The Divan Rep will insure the person in charge of the meeting or the secretary of the club or unit will record the names of Nobles and or ladies in attendance.
· The name list will be submitted to the Shrine Office no later than the day following the event (via email) at
Abdallah clubs and units operating outside of the Johnson County boundaries, can meet based on the State of Kansas and their local health departments' guidelines.
At this time, the Oasis will not be open during the week.
The date for Abdallah Bingo to restart has yet to be determined.
The Abdallah Divan continues to monitor the Johnson County orders and guidelines. The Potentate and the Board of Directors will act diligently as guidelines change.